Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Defence mechanisms

Being a girl, I always have dilemma when it comes to food (Females are supposed to have this problem right??). I realized I have very good defence mechanisms which popped up when I was deciding whether to eat a bar of chocolate or not:

Repression
I don't really want to eat the chocolate

Projection
I should give the chocolate to my brother. Out of sight, out of mind.

Regression
*Goes to bed and tries to rock myself to sleep*

Reaction formation
I shall write to 7-11 and tell them not to sell Ritter chocolates. They are bad for health.

Displacement
*Eats an apple*

Sublimation
*Jogs around my room*

At the end of the day, my strongest defence mechanisms:

Denial
Chocolate isn't really that bad for health. Right????

Rationalization
There are endorphins in chocolate that makes me happy right? Then I should eat it.

Sad.

No comments: