Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bday 2: Many celebrations = much fun? Yes!

Let's count the ways to celebrate a birthday:

1. Shop for birthday presents for me.
2. Sing KTV and play with the smoke machine inside.
3. Cut an apple strudel "cake".
4. Eat duck's tongue with bossman.
5. Go gossip in a noisy club with friends.
6. Pay for my own slice of "birthday cake" at TCC.
7. Hold an opening ceremony for the red clutch.
8. Head to Batam to kayak in the rain.
9. Club with only one other person in the club.
10. Meet ex-colleague to gossip.
11. Buy shoes. Shoes. And shoes. And bags of course.
12. Meet another clique and drool over NYDC's mudpie.
13. Meet Aussie schoolmate and eat.
14. Be the proud recipient of Aussie products.

I think I still have one group of friends to meet up with. Oh yeah! The longest-running birthday celebrations eva!

Gracie's hubby is really cute. He wrapped my birthday present and decided to add his own touch of creativity:


Gracie remarked she thought they were matches. Haha...



With the JC-Uni bruch, we headed for Sakae at Wheelock and sat in holes. The "tatami" area are actually on raised platform with holes for you to slot your feet in. That's better. Otherwise, when we remove our shoes, I think the restuarant will be emptied in seconds.


Draw, draw, draw a face in the melting mudpie.


Do you know why they call a mudpie a mudpie? It looks disgusting but tastes heavenly. Top choices included The Coffee Club's muddy mudpie and NYDC Cookies version. If you're talking about cheesecake, I like Coffee Bean's and Big O's. I've tried Hilton's but I think it's a tad too strong for me. x:

When I met Joey, we will always discuss when we will go back to Australia together. I met her in my first semester there. Sadly for her, it was her last semester and she could not enjoy my company more. x: Haha... I supposed not everyone as enthu as me to take public transport and travel all over Brisbane on a whim. I think she only clubbed trice while in Australia for 2 years. All three times with moi. (^-*) OK. I'm getting irritating.

Anyway, on behalf of those who have studied in Australia, we are not hao lians. Some of us truly wanted to share our experiences there. You may exclaim "No big deal what! Study overseas dai sai meh!" It's no biggie, but remember we spend at least a year there, by ourselves, where everyday is like a giant chalet with housemates/classmates/neighbours bunking in, knocking your house down to get out of the winter cold, watching telly and bitching about celebrities, cooking a storm in the kitchen, pigging on pizzas, dyeing each other's hair, trying new recipes, planning mini road trips. With so many activities that we managed to squeeze within our time there, naturally there are many memories.

I supposed it's not interesting to those who did not go through the same experiences. Just bear with us and realise that it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience where you learn that you are actually not a good navigator (MRT stations notwithstanding), that you can actually eat alone, that shopping by yourself can be quite fun. Anyway, I try to stick to "Aussie talk" with fellow "Aussie students". If I happen to start a sentence with "When I was in Australia...", please spare me some seconds to complete my sentence before interrupting with "there she goes again...". Except, except, if it happens within 2 minutes of the previous "Aussie experience statement." x:

So, Joey wanted to remind me of the great dry continent, and she bought me these:


Malteasers, Vinegar chips, Arnotts Pizza biscuits, Cadbury's Freddo, and Dip Stix. Luckily, no Marmite in sight. x:


If you have the chance, try the Vinegar chips. They are a wonderful experience. On first bite, you have no idea what hit you. WHAT WAS THAT?!?!?! Slowly, your tastebuds will come to life, and dissect the burst of flavours in your mouth.

Wait a minute, that was not the salt... *smack smack* Yes... there's a bit of salt... but hold on... there's that gorgeous vinegar... Mmmm...

That should be all for my birthday. Thank you everyone who celebrated with me or dropped me messages here, there, and everywhere!

You love me, you really love me!!! *sobs*

No comments: