Saturday, February 03, 2007

A love affair

I am happy. It has been a long time since I feel this way. The moment I saw you, I didn't like you much. You weren't even with me. In fact, she got to you first.

The first time we met, I didn't think a lot of you. You were arrogant about your brilliance because those around you paled in comparison. I stood there observing you while you were involved in her. Slowly, I began to see your good side. You were unwavering even in times of peril. She wasn't used to someone like you but you showed her you will always be there to support her and not let her fall. This is what makes you unique, special. I have met no other like you.

Once, I wanted to seek you out but I felt that I would be betraying her, my best friend. Besides, I didn't like you, remember?

On another occasion, I went out with her. I knew she was going to meet you. In fact, I encouraged her to. This would be the only chance for me to get close to you, to see you again. I had been dreaming of you since I last saw you. Although I had someone else on the very day we first met each other, you were never far from my mind. Without much prompting, she said she was going to look for you. I resolved not to be blown away by the glow that surrounds you, by the comfort I feel when we were together.

When I watched you with her, a bolt of jealousy surged through my being. I was willing to risk it all. She and I, we have been friends for over a decade. Would you be worth the risk? Would she allow me to have you? I didn't care anymore.



"Can I buy the same pair of shoes as you?"




We are finally together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...that's funny....
我剛還以為
你是個搶人家男友的壞女人...

jllt said...

哈哈! 我是故意的! 我的文笔还不错吧! :D

Anonymous said...

原來是你寫的
確定不是copy and paste?

jllt said...

是呀! 对我有一点信心爱吧!

jllt said...

Of course! Want to pay me some entertainment fee?